Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 19, 2012

On Behalf Of Mack Thank You

Each day I carried Condemned to die to a Dr.s office, anxious to have my time to read. For me it is not a book to just read. With your's and Brenna's Love and laughter, sorrow and tears, were ours. I breathed and lived many, if not most of the exact moments you went through. That in itself, broke my heart for you. I relived so many moments through this precious book, to numerous to count!
  Each person has their own story. The medical was very much the same. My husband, Mack suffered a full cardiac arrest while driving, vomit, aspirated all into his lungs. Went 1 hour 20 minutes without oxygen. I fought to get him intubated (On life support) Fought to not let them take him off. He was not given the treatment others were given for Anoxic Brain Injury because he went such a great length of time. What I did get was a Medical Power of Attorney. Though they said I didn't need it while he was in the hospital. He did after 8 days fight to come out of the PVS. And they tried to force me to put him into a Nursing home with One RN per 60 patients for Rehab. I resisted and took him home.
  We invented our own therapy. When they quit coming out. Mack stopped thinking he was Donald Duck, and hallucinating. He progressively healed. He can now walk, hold a conversation, he can drink, (without thickner agents) laugh, he can read, tell jokes, and recently held his first conversation on politics! And He was suppose to be dead. Then brain dead, Then in a coma, then PVS, ect.... They just don't know. There is so much they don't know. God know's. All life is so precious, every single breath. When he (Mack) was able to talk, he told us the things we did, said , asked us questions about that time.. But he was dead.. then PVS , they said so..
  Thank You Pam for finishing the book... You will alway's have our Love, Prayers, and Admiration,
      Alway's and Forever, Mack, Kelly, Josh, Shane and Shelby Culpepper

4 comments:

  1. It`s just so awesome! You just never know who, where, when or why in this situation. You go Mack! Bless you for standing behind him and making it possible. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, We Give All the Glory to God
      He made a way for us against all obstacle's every step of the way. And Healed Mack, I don't believe just for us, but to help other's.

      Delete
  2. I have met so many wonderful people along this journey who have inspired me and lifted me up when I fell down. You are all blessings in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe that God put us all together, to lift each other up when we need that. And to be a Blessing to those who also need to be lifted. As you notice Pam, You helped me find a blog that was MIA since July and Aug! And created in honor of your book. The Journey that you are on now is amazing, and God is going to use all of your efforts to produce change to laws, health care to help our loved ones now. And those to come- You have our Full Support Pam!

      Delete